OUTFEST LA 2021 COVID-19 GUIDELINES
The following regulations, policies, and activities were based on extensive research regarding the current LA County mandate and CDC guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to gain entry to all events during Outfest LA 2021, you must be fully vaccinated and need to show proof in the form of an official vaccination card, digital card, or photo of your vaccination card OR you must present a NEGATIVE PCR, LAMP, or Antigen COVID-19 test within the last 48-hours.
Masks will be required at all indoor venues, regardless of vaccination status or recent COVID-19 test.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or the Delta variant, receive a positive test, or have recently had close contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home and self-isolate in order to ensure the safety of others.
95% of the films have been made virtually available so that you are still able to experience the festival safely. If you purchased in person tickets and can no longer attend due to the policies above or wish to switch for virtual tickets, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Vaccination, Testing & Mask Requirements
- All in-theater events will require proof of vaccination by all attendees and talent
- Per the LA County Mandate, masks are required for all guests and staff throughout all indoor venues, regardless of vaccination status or recent COVID-19 negative test.
- Masks will not be required for outdoor events, however, signage will encourage mask wearing for any unvaccinated or at-risk attendees.
- Masks may be removed only while actively enjoying food and/or drinks at all indoor events.
- On every ticket you will find the following “The responsibility of this ticket bearer is that upon entry you are confirming you have been fully vaccinated and are prepared to show proof, do not currently have any COVID-19 symptoms, or have not in the last 48-hours received a positive COVID-19 test, and have not knowingly been exposed to an individual who has recently tested positive for COVID-19.”
- All Outfest and Venue Staff will be required to be tested just before and mid-way through the festival.
- All Outfest, Venue Staff and volunteers working indoor events or venues will be required to wear CDC-approved masks and/or shields.
- Refunds for any tickets purchased will be refunded for those showing proof of a positive COVID-19 test.
Entry & Social Distancing Standards
- Attendees should prepare for delays due to mandatory temperature checks, vaccination card verifications, scheduled entries to eliminate crowding and/or extra time needed for venue cleaning and sanitizing
- Please remember to maintain social distancing in areas where directional signs and reminders might be posted throughout the indoor venues.
- Socially distanced seating: LA County is currently allowing 100% capacity indoors. Our venues and the festival will continue to monitor capacity as dictated by LA County. As written, some venues and screenings may offer socially distanced seating in the theater. Those will be clearly marked.
- The Hollywood Forever and Orpheum Venues will be sold to 75% of their full capacities to allow for guests interested in social distancing to be able to do so.
- General Admission seating at the Hollywood Forever Opening Night and Orpheum Closing Night events will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Panels and performances where possible will take place in outdoor areas and/or will be pre-recorded to limit the time in theatre venues and in-doors and to allow panelists and performers to remove their face coverings.
Reduced Touch Points, Food & Beverage
- Tickets will be sold online and digitally only.
- Payment via debit or credit card or smartphone will only be available to purchase food, beverage, and merchandise on site.
- Food and beverage areas (outdoors) will be clearly marked and staff will be trained to direct individuals to appropriate areas.
Sanitization, Cleaning Procedures & Safety Training
- Sanitizing stations will be prominently displayed and available at all indoor venues.
- All Outfest staff and volunteers will be taken through training regarding how to appropriately take temperatures, vaccination card screening, identifying attendees who may be ill, and all COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Common areas and high touchpoints will be routinely cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected at least twice daily. NOTE: Extra time is being inserted between films so our team can take extra care cleaning and disinfecting the venue before each show.
- The DGA will be sprayed with an industrial (non-harmful) aerosol disinfectant cleanser throughout the entire venue once every weekday, and twice on weekends.
What Attendees, Talent & Staff Can Do to Help
- If you have symptoms such as fever or cough, or if you have come into contact with someone who has these symptoms, please take care, stay home, and join us when you are well.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Please use the hand sanitizers available throughout the venues.
- Please do not linger in the lobby before or after screenings.
- Arrive on time for your screening—seating will conclude 15 minutes following each film’s start time.